Thursday, January 6, 2011

But I don't wanna...

The hardest thing about coming back from total laziness for me is getting moving. Its not the motivation, its the first step out the door.

In the last year I cannot tell you how many times I have been motivated to get back out there. I have had many, many days where I actually put on my running clothes because I was SO motivated and this time I am gonna do it!! Shorts, shirt, running shoes. Everything right down to actually putting my Garmin on my wrist and grabbing a bondiband. I was ready to go but rarely left the house.

I have so much motivation I can taste it so that isn't the problem for me. I don't talk myself out it, I don't lose momentum. I just stop. I sit on the couch or start doing something around the condo. Anything but go out that door and I tell myself that its ok.

That ends now.

I have joined a group that is keeping track of miles with the goal of 1,000 this year. I have started making dates, written in ink, to meet with friends and run. Or walk. Hell, if I get out there and crawl I will be happy. Just so long as I get out there. Motivation isn't what I lack, its not what gets me out the door. For me its accountability and I am going to make myself as accountable as I can to as many people as I can.

Anything that gets me out that door. Tomorrow I have a running date and I am excited and terrified and motivated but the best thing is that I am accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment